You made it! You made it to 2021 and what a year 2020 was for us all.
I am sure the last 12 months have pushed you in ways you never could have imagined. Us single mommas had to keep it together for our little ones while the whole world seemingly fell apart. We had to create our own support.
It was not easy but you are here. You made it.
I’ve been thinking a lot about what 2021 will bring. I am one of those people who teaches and believes that you do not need to wait until a new year to set intentions and start working towards your goals and desires.
You can start at any point but there is something refreshing about the energy a new year brings. Maybe it is the collective consciousness of people all around the world excited to start new.
I personally can not wait to see what happens over the next few months. I have already set my intentions and goals for the 2021. Tonight, I am leading my amazing Inner Circle mommas through our Single Moms DO Smash annual goals workshop so they can set their own goals for 2021.
Together, we are going to make 2021 an amazing year no matter what. We are setting that intention and we are choosing to have a great year.
Don’t let 2021 decide how it will go for you. You get to decide. Take all the lessons you learned in 2020 and use them to make 2021 the best year of your life.
After these last 12 months, we are all so much stronger than we were before. Here is a quick exercise you can do to help you reflect on this past year so you can move into this new year refreshed and create your best year ever.
1.Write out everything you accomplished/created in 2020. What are you most proud of? What did you overcome? Now, for some people an accomplishment might be making it through the year. That is an amazing accomplishment. Be gentle on yourself. We went through and are still going through a global pandemic. Sometimes it takes putting things on paper for us to really see just how amazing we truly are.
Here is what I accomplished in 2020:
1. I launched the Single Moms DO Inner Circle membership site and movement! Not only did it stay afloat but it thrived despite losing 40 percent of its members in the first month the pandemic was announced. We are now full of amazing mommas who are creating their dream lives.
2. I moved into a dream home of mine in Merida, Mexico. A brand new 3 bedroom 3 and a half bath with a pool in a super cool neighborhood.
3. I joined Wandering Aimfully which is a membership site run by the best business coaches out there, Caroline and Jason Zook. They are life-changers!
4. I went to the beautiful Bacalar for 10 days during the middle of one of my biggest launches ever.
5. I started writing my very first book, Single Moms DO Travel, with other mommas in the Inner Circle.
6. I created my first course, The Single Moms DO Travel Academy to go along with the Inner Circle.
7. I got my first YouTube paycheck after growing my channel to nearly 8000 members.
8. I introduced life-time pricing in my Inner Circle which is something I have wanted to do for a very long time.
9. I left Facebook for good which included handing over both of my groups of over 10,000 members to new ownership and new branding no longer affiliated with me. I am most proud of this accomplishment because it was my primary form of marketing yet I still chose to walk away from a platform I had spent years building from scratch because it was no longer a healthy space for me.
I could go on and on with everything that happened this year but the funny thing is that before I actually took the time to list everything out during my annual goal setting for the year, I didn’t think I accomplished much. I thought I barely scraped by.
This is why it is so important to actually list things out and then celebrate YOU momma! You just might surprise yourself.
Now, it is time to get excited. You are going to take charge of this new year. You are setting the intention that no matter what obstacles and challenges you face over the next 12 months, you will overcome them and learn from them.
Remember that you do not have to enter the next 12 months alone. Community is important. If you do not have inspiring, loving, and supportive people around you then you need to ensure that you find those people. This is how you grow. This is one of the keys to happiness. You are the average of the people you surround yourself with.
You can check out Meetup.com and Facebook for both virtual and nonvirtual like minded groups for you.
If the people closest to you including your own family are not being supportive or don’t get you, you get to create boundaries and choose people who do get you and do support you.
2020 taught us about resilience. Let’s take that lesson and make 2021 the best year to date.
Big things are happening. I can feel it. Let’s DO this!